We provide Individualized Supported Living services to youth with developmental disabilities in the Kansas City area; many of these youth are transitioned to our Adults with Disabilities ISL program when they reach the age of 18 and are eligible. These services may be provided dually by the Children’s Division and the Department of Mental Health. Services are provided to youth who have developmental disabilities and who have no family currently able to meet their needs. Youth are supported in their own apartment in the community and the focus is on supporting them to finish their high school degree, find a vocational path and build independent living skills.
We support youth as they build and practice skills in their own homes in the following areas:
- Health and Safety
- Household Skills
- Social Skills
- Community Participation
- Leisure Skills and Development of Personal Interests
- Hiring and Evaluating their Support Staff
- Our sister division, AO Employment Services, is available in most areas to support people in developing jobs.
We also provide:
- 24 hour On-call Availability
- Safety Assessments
- Medication Support
- Case Management
- Positive Behavior Support
- Liaison with Community Resources
- Writing Personal Plans
For additional information on our programs or locations, please visit Contact Us.